Monday, March 19, 2012

Getting in Shape

It's been a while since I've posted for a couple of reasons. One, as this is still a new blog for me, I am not yet into the habit of posting to it! The other reason is that I have had a tough time emotionally lately as it pertains to fertility (or lack thereof). Two ladies at my TINY church just announced their pregnancies, bringing our church's pregnancy total to three. That may not sound like much but with only a few other women of child-bearing age at our church, it is a large percentage. To sum up my pity party, I kinda feel like the only woman at church who isn't pregnant.

Of course I am well aware that feeling sorry for myself is futile. So instead I just keep praying. Just keep praying. Just keep praying ;-)

In the meantime, it's time to work on my health. I have been overweight for most of my life and a yo-yo dieter since my teens. Lately, though, I've been learning a LOT about nutrition and I am discovering that to achieve optimal health, I have to do more than just lose weight. Instead, I have to be very conscious and deliberate about what I put into my body. I won't bore you with the details but I'm trying to reduce or remove the processed foods in my diet. Unfortunately, there are a lot more foods that are processed than you might realize. In any case, I figure that eating healthy will improve my overall health and might even improve my fertility. It certainly can't hurt.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com